16.2.12

Garfagnana intro

Yesterday Colm picked me up at the station called Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, where I met the other helper, Holly. Surprisingly, she also comes from Taiwan!



We hopped on the car, went for grocery shopping before picked up Colm's 2 sons. Then it was a 15 minutes drive in the mountain to their casa. The house is huge, as imagine, and old, as everything in Italy, which they have been renovated for 8 years (and still going on).

The atmosphere in the house is very welcome and relax. Today, our first day on duty, we had been cleaning the kitchen for 4 hours since we still have to wait for the snow get melt. It wasn't tiring at all compare to the walk in the afternoon.

The walk was a very very exhausted and extraordinarily long journey. I haven't even had a chance to take any good photos during 3-4 hours. Colm gave each of us a walking stick, which made us look like a shepherd (but definitely an amateur thou!) especially when we walked in the old town. Medieval-ish:)

When waiting for dinner, I suddenly became a drum tutor for Colm's second son Kevin. And that's when I realised that I still keep those drumming lessons in my mind although I never ever used it again. I am quite glad!

Sitting in the couch sipping Tuscany wine with fireplace aside, in the house under the sky full of stars and facing typical Tuscany field view. Em... I like my first helper day.

沒有留言: